In our previous post why is SEO a must for a website?, we have explained the basic important concept regarding the Search Engine Optimization, and how it will be beneficial to your business. Now, here we are focusing on one of the most important concept of SEO i.e. OPO – On Page Optimization. It is important to know some of On page optimization techniques to come in google first page.
On Page Optimization which is called as “On Page” SEO, it purely refers to the content and text on your website pages. It is one of the crucial aspects of the SEO Strategy. If you do it in the right way, it can do wonders for your websites ranking in the Search Engine.
First we talk about On Page Elements:
It is totally refers to the HTML Tags which is used in the page. A non technical person can also learn this and follow the right process for their website.
The important tags of On Page Optimization Techniques includes.
- Title tag : Title tag plays an important role in On Page Optimization.
<title>Your Title Tag</title>
Optimal Title Format:
Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand or Company Name
Or you can alternate it:
Brand or Company Name | Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword
- Limit of Title is about 70 characters which is the limit Google display in SERP – Search Engine Result Page.
- Place your important keyword of the page in Title tag.
- Keyword Tag : Keyword tags are the important words which been used to optimize your page for Search Engine.Syntax:
<meta name=keyword content=”web mechanic, seo tips, on page optmisation”>
- Place your important keyword in the above tag. It must be separated by the coma.
- It should contain 4 to 10 keywords.
- It should be correspondence to major search phrases which you are targeting.
- Every keyword must have been used in your body area.
- And make sure no single word should appear more than two times, it may be considered as a spam.
- Description Tag : Description tag must be written in a proper way, and it must focus on the web page information.This tag helps you to distinguish from others in a search engine.
<meta name=description content=”web mechanic: Providing definitive web solution. Importance of on page optimization”>
- It should be less than 200 characters.
- Important keywords must be used in this tag.
- It should contain two sentences that describe your page information.
- Do write short and the simple sentences that can easily understand by your visitor.
Now we will know the other elements which are used in the Body, plays an important role in the On Page Optimization.
- Heading Tags: <h1> <h2> <h3>
- Use the informative sentences in the Heading Tags.
- Bold Tag :
- Italic Tag:
- Image Tag: Alt text
<img src="http://www.webmechanic.in/example.png" alt="Keyword">
- Write your keyword in Alt text. It plays an important in OPO. Search engine read text inside of image ALT tags.
- Use your keyword inside ALT Tag.
Make sure you use this tags in your body parts.
This is the tags and techniques which is used for on page Optimizations.
Unethical and Black-hat On Page Techniques.
There are so many unethical and black hat techniques are available, which is over a time period make your site to the lowest ranking or spamming and your site being demoted from the Search Engine. Some SEO companies use this type of unethical techniques which should be avoided.
We recommended the following unsavory On Page Techniques must not be used as OPO.
- Hidden or Invisible texton the page must be avoided if you want the higher search engine placement. For example use the same background color in the text. This word is hidden for the reader.
- Mostly people used these techniques for keyword writing but this is somehow frowned upon by Search Engine and that will be result in the site being penalized.
- Negative <div> tag must be avoided. Div tag is stand for the division tag. Mostly it’s used to insert the text in the place which is outside the reading area. It is the invisible from the reader view.
- Search engine finds this keyword as a text. This technique should be avoided and not recommended under any circumstances.
- Avoid duplicate contents. Duplicate content means you write content for your own website and then you repeat that same content by writing on others website. Basically here you are spamming others websites.
- Again this is not a recommendation and must be avoided.
OPO – on page optimization is important however in expanding growth of the internet and having more complexity in the search engine technology, it has lost some importance over the year.
Achieving top ranking is an important task, as our team will always guide you with the best practice of SEO.
Join us on Facebook : Facebook Page – WebMechanic.in